Created: 2014/04/26 ; Modified: 2014/06/20
Hadoop uses the Map/Reduce technique to create tasks that can be executed independently and concurrently one from another.
You can download the document shown in this video.
In this video:
- Examples of processes (00:16)
- Count the occurrences of a word in a text.
- Count the number of visitors per website page.
- Count the amount of pages that each visitor looked at.
- Input (01:08)
- Breaking into tasks (01:27)
- Map (02:11)
- Reduce (03:24)
- Java Code (06:59)